- String the banks and management team along for months. Change the deal terms twenty times.
- Show up unannounced with a huge team 15 minutes after funding, when the CEO and former owner is out of the office.
- Immediately lock out everybody's email and network account.
- Post armed guards at every door.
- Break your word about how many people will be laid off and under what circumstances.
- Lay off nearly everybody, with a, ahem, promise that they might get hired back at some point.
- Try to run the remains of the company with approximately 20% of the people required to make it a success.
- Neglect to have an external communication plan in place to support existing customers and affiliates.
Just in case you were wondering how it should be done.